May 26 , 2020
The lights used for photography in the studio include flash units and continuous lights. In recent years, people pay more and more attention to the lighting of the studio, and use the light for photography to create a lot of classic excellent works. In the photostudio, in addition to taking portraits, you can also take the photos of many still lives like flowers, dishes, pastries, fruit, wine, gold jewelry, ceramics and so on.
For the studio photography, we should practice more and constantly gather experience.
1. Flash is one of the common lighting units for photography. Generally, flash is much stronger and the features higher sharpness, which presents the stronger colour and texture of the subject.Continuous light is also one of the common lights in the studio, which features the great importance for studio photography.
2. When shooting with a flash, the key section of the subject can be illuminated by controlling the direction and angle of the continuous light. This is also the most critical use of continuous light.
3. Lighting is directional and angular and photographer must be sure that the key section of the subject and the need to be shaping and presented. If the lighting is not clear and not put in place the overall photography will be affected.
4. Compared with the flashing units, the continuous lights are softer, and play a role in shaping of subject. Due to the poor light intensity and weak sense of direction, the light is always bright when shooting, which is also relatively stable and easy to control.
5. In the photostudio, the flash units can be divided into hard light and soft light. The two kinds of lights each have their own use. The hard light is used for the photography of some subjects with roughened texture while the soft light is used for some the portraits of woman and something with delicate texture.
In photography, flash units and continuous lights are often used together. Most of the time the constant light act as the supplement for the flash units, which can be used to direct the lighting.
FILL LIGHT AND FLASH LIGHT - WHICH IS BETTER
PHOTOGRAPHY BEGINNER MUST-KNOW: APERTURE, SHUTTER, ISO AND EXPOSURE
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COLOR TEMPERATURE AND WHITE BALANCE